i’ve seen more posts of people being excited for Home than this movie, which made me upset because this movie comes out before Home does (not that i am saying that you shouldn’t praise Home as well). and as for Big Hero 6 (a movie that also comes out after the Book of Life) and the people saying that there is a lack of representation of Asians in media, i feel you. why? because there is a bigger lack of hispanics, and i agree Disney messed up, you be upset. but be happy for Hispanics as well because we finally got an animated movie representing us and our culture. so please go see this movie when it comes out.
that is all i ask.
Porn is one of the biggest and most harmful industries in the world, closely affiliated with human trafficking and drugs and alcohol abuse, causing rape between children, violence, beastiality and pedophilism and its fetishizing race, underage girls, trans people and lesbianism. Thought you should know.
what the heck does “bloody fruit shop owner” even mean
there’s a part of your brain called the “medulla oblongotta” which is nicknamed by irl snipers as the ‘apricot’, and it’s a target they tend to aim for because it makes for quick kills
fruit shop owner = lots of apricots
it’s a really stupid and complicated insult sniper’s a fucking nerd
It’s also the reasoning behind this little decoration in his van.
Again an apricot. it’s a Sniper thing.
A list of every Studio Ghibli film to date, in chronological order.
Request or recommend movies here.
* * *
Panda! Go, Panda! (1972) [subbed//
Only Yesterday (1991) [subbed//
Ocean Waves (1993) [subbed//
My Neighbours the Yamadas (1999) [subbed//
* * *
As of yet I cannot find any links for The Tales of Princess Kaguya.
someone requested resources/tips for dealing with paranoia, there’s very few resources i’ve seen for this sort of thing, having dealt with it myself i know it’s pretty tough to deal with. here are some tips from my own experiences and a few websites (i’ll include links later in the post)
- get enough sleep. i know it can be hard to get sleep sometimes, i’ve had terrible insomnia my whole life and its still a daily struggle to get enough rest, but getting enough sleep makes so much difference. if you struggle with sleeping here are some resources
- for help with nightmares,
- avoid drugs, alcohol and caffeine, i don’t want to sound like your middle school health teacher here but drugs and alcohol can really hurt you badly if you have any sort of mental disorder or if you’re on any medication. caffeine can trigger manic episodes and cause complications with adderall and other ADHD/ADD medication. even drugs that are used casually without any harmful effects can cause a bad reaction if your brain chemical balence is abnormal or if you’re on any medication.
- eat well and drink lots of water. this is just a general health thing, if you’re not eating/drinking enough your whole system is out of wack
useful things to try during a paranoid episode, a lot of these are used in cognitive behavioural therapy, one of the most successful therapy techniques currently being used. if you have/could get access to a therapist/mental health professional ask about this method because a trained professional can really help in some cases.
- recognize patterns of thought, think back to previous paranoid episodes and see how your thoughts develop and if they stem from a trigger of some sort. try and remember this pattern so you can recognize it in the future and use that realization to comfort yourself and remind yourself that your thinking isn’t rational
- write down a list of evidence to challenge your harmful thoughts. basically make two columns, write your thought down and then write evidence that supports your thought and evidence that doesn’t support it. something like this
- this website is a really really excellent guide to self-help cognitive behavioural therapy
- seriously click on this http://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/psychosis.htm
hopefully this was helpful, here are the resources i used as well as just useful sites to visit
- http://www.paranoidthoughts.com/coping.php (tips from other people on coping with paranoia)
Theme:01 by juuhuuu
This theme is very customisable.
Once the theme is installed, look through the colours and change it around, add your own sidebar images, 2 extra links and transparent.
Has a load of options to choose from, you may even ask me for html help if you’d like to change anything within the theme
- optional endless scroll or jump (jump pag)
- Change the colours of a load of things, even ask + answer.
- Custom cursor, favicon, transparents, borders + more.
Please like if using + reblog for your followers.
- Israel is using flechette shells in civilian areas, flechette shells spray out thousands of tiny sharpened metal darts upon impact. These darts can tear through flesh and embed themselves in concrete.
An image from the Palestinian Centre for Human Rights of darts from a flechette shell. (x)
- Foreign doctors in Gaza have found the effects of Dense Insert Metal Explosive or DIME in the bodies of Palestinian casualties. DIME is an illegal explosive device that has been used by the US military in Iraq and Afghanistan. Upon detonation, the casing disintegrates into extremely small particle like shrapnel, which tear through flesh and bone. DIME is made out of a cancer causing metal called tungsten, wounds from this metal can’t be treated because powdered tungsten can’t be removed surgically. (x) (x) (x)
- According to the UN up to 80% of the dead in Gaza are civilians, 1 in 5 of all casualties are children who were killed in their homes (x) (x)
- A Norwegian doctor writes from Gaza - “There are lakes of blood” (x)
- Israeli warplanes are firing white phosphorus munition into residential areas of Gaza. White phosphorus burns intensely hot and can set clothing and other materials on fire, causing severe injuries and fatalities. The use of these bombs are illegal under international law, but Israel has also used them in previous attacks on Gaza. (x)
- Israel has bombed the al-Wafa Geriatric Hospital in Gaza City after several days of “warning rockets”, forcing the evacuation of 17 patients and staff. The majority of the patients that were in al-Wafa hospital are severely disabled, injured, and/or comatose. Dr. Basman Alashi holds part of an Israeli projectile that struck the hospital’s fourth floor.
- Israel’s Ambassador to the US justifies the bombing of hospitals on Twitter. (x)
- Israeli tanks also shelled the al-Aqsa hospital, killing 4 patients and injuring 70 people, mostly hospital staff. (x)
Mark Regev, spokesman for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, told Al Jazeera: “You are allowed to hit targets where their [Hamas] war machine is using to hide rockets.”
"I have no doubt Hamas uses, has used and continues to use, hospitals … we do not target civilians," (x)
- Video shows sniper killing of wounded Palestinian man. (x)
- Israeli officials call on Netanyahu to cut off electricity and food supply to Palestinians. (x)
- Gaza’s water and sewage systems are on the brink of collapse due to ongoing Israeli strikes. (x)
- In the past two weeks more than 90,000 Palestinians have fled their homes. (x)
- As of 7/21/14 the current death toll in Gaza has reached over 500, with some 3,000+ Palestinians injured.
Palestinians are suffering once again at the hands of Israel, if you can please donate to the UNRWA (x) and The Palestine Children’s Relief Fund (x) to provide emergency assistance to the people of Gaza.
I tried out some nice settings for watercolor on pixiv and changed the settings a bit - have fuun
The spread of the black death.
Poland, tell us your secret.
Poland is the
If I remember correctly, Poland’s secret is that the jews where being blamed all over europe (as usual) as scapegoats for the black plague. Poland was the only place that accepted Jewish refugees, so pretty much all of them moved there.
Now, one of the major causes of getting the plague was poor hygiene. This proved very effective for the plague because everyone threw their poop into the streets because there were no sewers, and literally no one bathed because it was against their religion. Unless they were jewish, who actually bathed relatively often. When all the jews moved to Poland, they brought bathing with them, and so the plague had little effect there.
Milan survived by quarantining its city and burning down the house of anyone showing early symptoms, with the entire family inside it.
I reblogged this tons of times, but the Milan info is new.
Damn Italy, you scary.
Poland: “Hey, feeling a bit down? Have a quick wash! There, you see? All better”
Milan: “Aw, feeling a bit sick are we? BURN MOTHERFUCKER, BURN!!!!!”
Also, this might have something to do with it: from what I understand, O blood type is uncommonly… common in Poland. Something to do with large families in small villages and a LOT of intermarriage. The black plague was caused by a bacterium that produced, in its waste in the human body, wastes that very closely mimic the “B” marker sugars on red blood cells that keep the body from attacking its own immune system. Anyone who has a B blood type had an immune system that was naturally desensitized to the presence of the bacterium, and therefore was more prone to developing the disease. Anyone who had an O type was doubly lucky because the O blood type means the total absence of ANY markers, A or B, meaning that their bodys’ immune system would react quickly and violently against the invaders, while someone with an A may show symptoms and recover more slowly, while someone with B would have just died. Because O is a recessive blood type, it shows in higher numbers when more people who carry the recessive genes marry other people who also carry the recessive gene. Poland, which has a nearly 700 year history of being conquered by or partnering with every other nation in the surrounding area, was primarily an agricultural country, focused around smaller, farming communities where people were legally tied to, and required to work, “their” land, and so historically never “spread” their genes across a large area. The economy was, and had been, unstable for a very long period of time leading up to the plague, the government had been ineffective and had very little reach in comparison to the armies of the other countries around for a very very long time, and so its people largely remained in small communities where multiple generations of cross-familial inbreeding could have allowed for this more recessive gene to show up more frequently. Thus, there could be a higher percentage of O blood types in any region of the country, guaranteeing less spread of the illness and moving slower when it did manage to travel. Combine this with the fact that there were very few large, urban centers where the disease would thrive, and with the above facts, and you’ve got a lovely recipe for avoiding the plague.
Interestingly enough, as a result from the plague, the entirety of Europe now has a higher percentage of people with O blood type than any other region of the world.
WHY IS THIS ALL SO COOL
When Tumblr teaches you more about the plague than 12 years of school ever did.
Just to throw a nod in, as a medieval historian, this is all credible, and is the leading theory as to the plagues effectiveness at this point. So. Enjoy your new knowledge!
how come we never learned this is school?
You never learned it in school because what happened in europe centuries ago is really not relevant at all. Most history classes try to stay within a century or two of the present because that actually matters to today